Cabbage Rolls or Lasagna
1 head green cabbage
8 ounces mushrooms
1 onion, cut into sections
2 bell peppers
4 cloves garlic
1 medium carrot
1 15 ounce can lentils
1-2 cups prepared rice
1 teaspoon Better than Bullion Seasoned Vegetable BaseTM
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Spices to taste - onion powder, garlic powder, McCormick's Montreal Chicken
SeasoningTM, salt and pepper.
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Chop mushrooms until small crumbles, by hand or by using a food processor. Place in a
warm non-stick skillet. Also chop the onions, extra cabbage, bell peppers, garlic, and
carrot. When the mushrooms have released some moisture, add the onions, followed by
the bell peppers, extra cabbage, garlic, and carrots. Sauté until the vegetables are cooked
3. Add rice, lentils, and half a cup to a cup of marinara sauce to the vegetable mixture and
stir to combine.
4. Place the entire head of cabbage in the boiling water." Boil for 10 minutes, peeling off the
outer leaves as they become tender. Set aside.
5. Place a single layer of cabbage leaves in a 9x13 casserole dish. Drizzle in some marinara
sauce, and then spoon in some of the vegetable mixture. Alternate cabbage, sauce, and
filling until reaching the top of the dish. Finish with a layer of cabbage leaves and more
6. Cover with foil bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
* A little extra cabbage is delicious in the filling. If you have some left over from another recipe, feel free to chop
and add it in!
* When making lasagna, you can cut the cabbage in half before boiling. If making cabbage rolls, the leaves need to